Dream Theater - Greatest Hit (...and 21 other pretty cool songs) CD (album) cover

GREATEST HIT (...AND 21 OTHER PRETTY COOL SONGS)

Dream Theater

CinemaZebra
1 stars On the cover, the S, H, I and T of the words "Greatest Hit" are all colored in maroon. -Wikipedia

A subliminal warning, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised. Dream Theater is one of the top bands out there that DON'T need a Greatest Hits album (along with the likes of Radiohead and 2Pac) but have one anyway, and because of this, it's arguably their worst record. No....definitely their worst. The idea was to have "just enough material to attract new fans" and "cool different versions of old songs for old fans". F*** that. If somebody hears "Pull Me Under" and doesn't like it, I doubt they'll listen to anything else from the band. And can they at least put SOMETHING new to this record? And no, lame remixes don't count. Stop trying.

Don't buy this record. Just don't. If you're new to Dream Theater I'd check out "Images and Words" and "Metropolis 2" and if you already know them and have all their albums there's DEFINITELY no reason to get this. It's pointless.

CinemaZebra | 1/5 |