Thought Chamber - Angular Perceptions CD (album) cover

Thought Chamber

3 stars I'll admit, I was impressed with the musicianship on this album. I was impressed on how obviously talented musicians managed to make such dull and boring music. A common problem I have with a lot of progressive metal bands is that they all more or less sound like more boring versions of Dream Theater. Thought Chamber actually managed to get by that block by having a more technical metal influenced sound. And they proceeded to do absolutely nothing with it. The compositions are bland and boring, the soloing feels like random doodling, the lyrics aren't terribly interesting--it's just a bunch of uninspired blandness. That being said, it's well played blandness, and if you're looking for something like background music it can certainly be enjoyable, but frankly, this album isn't worth a focused listen.
msphelps | 3/5 |