Jean-Michel Jarre - Rendez-Vous CD (album) cover

RENDEZ-VOUS

Jean-Michel Jarre

Lieven Van Paemel
1 stars I probably had this LP a couple of months and got rid of it in the end... I had never heard such a dull, dusty and depressing sound carpet as on this one. Each Rendez-vous took me a step closer to complete and utter disgust.

Oxygène sounded fresh, spatious, liquid... So did the first parts of Equinoxe... Chants Magnétiques still had some of that - though fewer and fewer. Zoolook surprised me completely... The guy tried something completely new for once and succeeded... And then came this awful piece of music... It's like Tangerine Dream's "Force Majeure"... That one was the beginning of a complete sellout... This Jarre piece was the beginning of pesudo music, pseudo events and a guy seemingly taking himself ever more serious... I can't see anything progressive here, just like "FArce Majeure"... Sorry but this is pure boredom.

Lieven Van Paemel | 1/5 |