Gong - Zero to Infinity  CD (album) cover

ZERO TO INFINITY

Gong

Canterbury Scene

iruau
4 stars I must admit that, although I am an unconditional Gong fan, I was quite reluctant buying their most recent albums as I feared being disappointed.

Wow, what a surprise ! This album is plain welfare. Almost as spacial (spacey !) as their early works (on the contrary to Shapeshifter I also bought together) this album fully sticks, in my opinion, to Gong's original spirit. Daevid's and Gilli's vocals are amazing as always, not to mention the music itself. It's just plain Gong as we love it, in fact. Fans and fanatics, don't hesitate to buy it !

I would have rated it 5 stars, but I can definitely not recommend it for a first buy, as newcomers to Gong may want to begin with the Radio Gnome trilogy and Camembert Electrique, which are still far superior to this one if you like their weird sounds.

| 4/5 |