The Tangent - Down And Out In Paris And London CD (album) cover

DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON

The Tangent

lozc636
4 stars Like many have said in other reviews, it did take me a while before I got this album, as is the case with a few, but I grew to love it. The Tangent are still up there with one of the best eclectic prog groups of recent times and this album does not disappoint.

Tillison is still his very best on the keys and some may say they do not like his voice but I think his style of voice actually works well with the instrumentation.

I cannot get enough of that first riff on Where Are They Now? Not many match it, it's pretty special.

And the rest of the album is just a thrill from start to finish. Good variation, strong texture, solos varying from fast and of quality musical standard to slow and moving. A journey which most prog fans will jump on board with.

Recommend it to all.