Jon Hassell - Last Night The Moon Came Dropping Its Clothes In The Street CD (album) cover

LAST NIGHT THE MOON CAME DROPPING ITS CLOTHES IN THE STREET

Jon Hassell

Slartibartfast
4 stars I became familiar with Jon Hassell through his work with Eno. I haven't yet become familiar with all of Jon's self-titled discography, but this is by far my favorite. Worldly and yet other-worldly. Hassell has apparently had a strong interest in dreams simply based on song titles and album titles from his work in the past, but here I think he has gone his deepest into the realm.

I suspect even those with a contempt for "ambient" music might just find something to latch on to here. In my case, I came to appreciate music of this nature when I got hooked on the ambient first. There is music here which surpasses mere "wallpaper". Challenge yourselves and you may be rewarded.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |