Jupiter Society - Terraform CD (album) cover

TERRAFORM

Jupiter Society

sussexbowler
3 stars Cocooned in a tangled web, amidst dark caves lit only by fire. Resistence is futile, the end is being summoned, and yet still you struggle... The call is one of glory. The glory of your sacrifice. The rhythm unerringly propels you towards the finale... And that's only track 1!

track 2, 'Rescue and resurrection', sounds more like Richard Wagner SHOULD sound, given his reputation. What's more, it ends up (for me, at least) being a fantastic example of SYMPHONIC prog! Intense, gut-wrenching, majestic and stunning. Buy this album for this track alone.

Track 3 is okay, but thereafter the momentum and intensity (again, for me) are lost. Fear not though,the momentum builds once more as we are led unerringly towards the end of our subterranean experience, where an inhuman angst cry suggests the final painful act.

As I succomb, my only question is whether this experience is Prog Metal or symphonic prog? If you like the latter you may well be rewarded.

sussexbowler | 3/5 |