5Bridges - The Thomas Tracks CD (album) cover

THE THOMAS TRACKS

5Bridges

Mellotron Storm
3 stars I'm actually surprised there aren't more negative reviews on here like Bonnek's complaining about another GENESIS clone band. And this really is like listening to someone do a paint by numbers piece of art. It looks great it's just that there isn't a lot of creativity right ? And yes this album sounds good to me and to be honest if it wasn't for the vocalist i'd probably give this 4 stars anyway because so called clone bands have never really been a turn off for me if it's done well and with some of that creativity.

THE WATCH is a good example of a band who is no doubt hugely influenced by GENESIS yet there's emotion and some amazing songs. Anyway, from the vocalist to the guitarist to the keyboard player this is GENESIS -101 pure and simple. And it's done very well over 74 minutes. And yes this is a concept album to boot.

I know i'm in the minority here but repeated listens haven't changed my mind. I like it but not enough to award it 4 stars. 3.5 stars it is.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |