Amon Düül II - Wolf City CD (album) cover

Amon Düül II

5 stars Although I cannot say that I've listened to all of Amon Düül II's records, I consider this to be their best. The songs are shorter on this one than Yeti (Their second best!), the first track "Surrounded by Stars" is the longest. A quite good song and so are the rest of the first four tracks. The three last are the reason why this album gets 5 stars from me. "Wie der Wind am Ende einer Strasse" is a very light song, you feel free when you hear it, like the wind in the end of a street! "Deutsch Nepal" is groovy hard-rock but I can't decide if it would be better as an instrumental. "Sleepwalker's timeless Bridge" is one of the greatest ending tracks of an album ever, Genesis "Los Endos" of ATOTT is maybe better. To conclude this review I can say that the cover art really gives a picture to the music in it.
Frasse | 5/5 |