Emerson Lake & Palmer - Black Moon  CD (album) cover

BLACK MOON

Emerson Lake & Palmer

Keetian
2 stars I heard "Black Moon" on the radio some years back and it didn't sound too bad. In fact I decided to give ELP another chance and I bought the "Black Moon" cassette. I was pleasantly surprised. It was definitely better than the crappy "Love Beach."

My favorite on the album was "Romeo and Juliet." It was somewhat lively and enjoyable. Unfortunately, gone are the days of their former glory. You will not find anything that is too adventurous on this record at all, save "Romeo and Juliet." Still, I did mildly enjoy popping the cassette in and listening to the whole album more than a few times. I don't know what happened to Greg Lake's great voice, but it had changed, and not for the better. I think though, that "Black Moon" is probably the next favorite for me. Lake still has some very visual stuff left in him. I called a local radio station and requested to hear "Black Moon." The disc jockey told me the band just did this one for their fans. I wished they had done it for the sake of real prog lovers. That is why I am giving it 2 stars.

Keetian | 2/5 |