Windmills By The Ocean - Windmills By The Ocean CD (album) cover

WINDMILLS BY THE OCEAN

Windmills By The Ocean

Experimental/Post Metal

DJPuffyLemon
4 stars My version of this album was completely stripped mp3 files, without titles or cover art. In a way, I feel that is a better way to have listened to this album, because without titles or art to influence the album, each song was able to flow together in a more seamless manner, in my opinion of course.

Because of this, I fell in love with the album as it was just me and five tracks worth of hypnotic guitar work. Also because of this, I can not tell any of the tracks apart, but I don't find that to be a bad thing as for me it is an album to be listened to all the way through in order to get the entire impact. Imagine if a stoner metal band like Mammatus or Earthless turned towards drone. Despite sharing that characteristic, this is one drone album which does not bore me. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys psychedelia, post-rock, or progressive metal.

DJPuffyLemon | 4/5 |