Anathema - Alternative 4 CD (album) cover

Anathema

Experimental/Post Metal

EatThatPhonebook
4 stars 8/10

"Alternative 4" really digs in your soul, creating a highly emotional impact.

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who loved this album. This was my first approach to Anathema, and honestly I didn't think it was going to be this good. "Alternative 4" is full of dark moments, but, like many modern prog bands (Tool, Riverside, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree), the music really digs in your soul, creating a highly emotional impact.

After the beautiful intro, " Fragile Dreams" kicks in, and here you understand what I meant with high emotional impact. " Empty" is a short but effective song, very similar to Doom Metal. I would like to mention also the beautiful and sad " Inner Silence", amd of course the very original tile track, where again there are many doom influences.

As a conclusion, I would like to say how much I loved this album, because it gives so many emotions, and rarely music is this powerful. A fantastic album, for whoever loves metal and/or prog.

EatThatPhonebook | 4/5 |