Madrigal - Waiting....  CD (album) cover

5 stars Madrigal "Waiting" is (in my opinion) one of the best prog albuns of the late 80"s, and fairly superior to next albun("On My Hands") from this North-American band. The styke of sound is a mixture of bands of the 70's like, Gentle Giant and Queen (mainly) and pinchs of Yes, Rush and King Crinsom. The GENTLE GIANT influences is present in the alternate of "swinging" pasages and vocal counterpoints. The QUEEN influences are in some theatrical choir vocalizations.( like in the firs track "Siter Happy"). The RUSH influences be especially in more heavy moments and riffs. (like in track 4 "Experience") The KING CRINSOM style is more emphatic in the track 6 "Jericho". ( I listen cleary Fripp guitar moods). The YES influence is present in guitarrist style ( with a strong( Steve Howe influence, in spite of track 6). Another singularitv in the guitarrist style is the use of acoustic guitar mix with the eletric guitar in almost all tracks. I like to detach the fantastic bass & drums combination, which are in many times surprising. My rate is 5 stars !!!
maryes | 5/5 |