Randone - Morte Di Un Amore CD (album) cover

Randone

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Debut of will-be multi-instrumentalist (check later albums) Nicola Randone, album that's on borderline of Prog and Rock (but it's Prog nevertheless) with distinct and very emotional Italian vocals. Pompous (or grandiose if you want, but not meant in a bad, arrogant way).

For example second track has reggae elements, but because I never heard Italian reggae, it still more or less sounds good, given its use of trumpet. It's not Prog song, but what the hell, it's good song, especially when later on guitars (real ones). La Giostra is surprising song with dark themed lyrics. Thanks to Andrea who explained it to me (I wondered about it since I clearly heard "Auschwitz"). Last epic track is on the other hand interesting in a different way and I can call it truly Prog here, even with stylish ending (no, I don't enjoy this heartbeat, I don't headbang while listening it, but it fits here perfectly anyway).

4(+), my opinion is not to underestimate this record, it has a lot to offer.

Thanks to Nicola Randone for this wonderful album and also for this album as a gift.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |