Yes - Going for the One CD (album) cover

5 stars Not being a deep fan of Yes, I think that maybe this is their best work, unless from their full progressive years. They were just combined in this album great melodies with a virtuous job, with a highly recommended result. The ballad Turn of the Century is for me one of the best songs of Yes, much feeling in there, with a superb performance of Jon Anderson with a beauty and complex work of Howe and Wakeman. Awaken is the other highlight. For many people the best Yes song ever. A true exponent of the progressive rock. For me, just a great progressive rock track. Parallels is the other great one, composed by Chris Squire, include an original use of the organ in a heavy way. The rest two are not as good as the three I mentioned before. In an exclusive progressive context, I give five stars.
genbanks | 5/5 |