The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis CD (album) cover

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Well, that's strange. First I though that I won't like this album, but it seems that because I was curious enough to give it two more chances, I began to like it. First of all, this album shocks everyone with screaming vocals, but to say it in nutshell, what is hidden behind them gives this big value. Complex line of melody/rhythm/pace, whatever you call it.

Oh, by the way, this kind of music really needs proper headphones, or very good sound system, because otherwise you wouldn't catch all these little elements that makes this special, interesting and worth of listening. I suppose that fans of Death Prog Metal will like this, there are many similarities. But I'm slowly getting into this kind of music so this is becoming more and more interesting to enjoy it all.

There are tracks like Chinese Whispers or Parasitic Twins that are quite different, not using this kind of harsh sounding vocals, but instead being more of a dark Prog ballad than anything else.

4(+), basically it's very worth of attention, as long you as you overcome the vocals and fast pace. But in this case you don't like this kind of music, you won't be here, will you ? Maybe you will, who knows.

Cat get little bit tiresome after some time, as he keeps screaming and screaming. Yes, I'm aware that this is big part of this music, but don't listen to this too much in a row, that's all.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |