Pat Metheny - All the Things You Are CD (album) cover

Pat Metheny

4 stars Pat Metheny in 1999 is still able to make a fabulous live album. "All the Things You Are" is, other than being a solid album, a perfect album for relaxing: in fact, we have some fine and beautiful moods, like the first magical and sad sounding song, Metheny's Instrumental. We also have different solos of sax, drums, and especially with the vibraphone, which reigns supreme in two tracks especially, "Autumn Leaves" and "My Foolish Heart", creating such a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere that I almost fall asleep, happy as a little child. Also to not forget the great title track, with many memorable moments for the famous guitarist. I strongly recommend this album to jazz and fusion fans, I think they would quite appreciate a live album such as "All The Things You Are". Four stars.
EatThatPhonebook | 4/5 |