Can - Future Days  CD (album) cover

FUTURE DAYS

Can

Krautrock

myhandsarefree
2 stars There is hardly anything I would call "music" on this album. The entire 40 minutes is simply mediocre percussion with a little bass, a little guitar, and some keyboards every now and then. No variety, no virtuosity, no build-ups, no resolution. Most of the notes are completely improvisatory and random. I cannot comment on the composing and arranging quality because there is no composing or arranging present on this album.

It's better than pop music however, and I'm glad there are some bands experimental enough to try things like this so we know it doesn't work. Unfortunately, experimentation alone does not make good music. Not recommended.

myhandsarefree | 2/5 |