Locanda delle Fate - Homo Homini Lupus CD (album) cover

HOMO HOMINI LUPUS

Locanda delle Fate

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Morningrise
1 stars Two days ago I saw in a record store this Locanda Delle Fate album. To tell you the truth I was totally unfamiliar with it, but I decided to buy it since here in Argentina is very rare to find RPI albums at reasonable prices.

Boy, what a deception this was. I put it on expecting something similar to Forse Le Lucciole Non Si Amano Pi˙, which is IMHO one of the greatest RPI albums I've heard (nothing to envy to PFM or Banco). Instead, I got a completely dull record. Simple, boring compositions. No prog at all. Not that I have a total problem with that. I approach to every album with a very open attitude. If an album has a pop tendency, I still can enjoy it if it is well done pop. Of course this was not the case. I tried to listen to it a couple of times after the first time to see if I really was missing something, but believe me, there's absolutely nothing to rescue in here. Dull to the core.

I guess from now on, this will turn into another record which will stay in my shelf for years with no playing at all. I won't even bother to rank every track as I usually do in my reviews because the results will be real harsh. Just stay away from it. Think of Locanda Delle Fate as a one album band. 1 star and may god enlighten them not to record an album ever again if the proposal is similar to this.

Morningrise | 1/5 |