Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

5 stars DIE YOUNG?!

Let me dedicate this review to Little Big Man, Ronnie James Dio, who passed away at 7:45am 16th May 2010. This message is very sad fact for me and for all his fans over the world.

I think "Heaven And Hell" is one of the best Black Sabbath (or generally Heavy Metal) albums ever and one of the best albums where Dio sang. What can I remember, this was a very fresh change after dark and obscure sound of Osbourne´s Sabbath. Voice of Ronnie was suddenly crystallic clear in trebles but still rough, technically perfect. Iommi´s guitar riffs and solos and Butler´s basslines seems different too because Dio brought fresh air, tuniness and lyrism into a BS general sound.

I like "angel" choruses here. I like mysterious atmosphere of songs like "Heaven And Hell" or "Die Young". Amazing mellodic tracks are "Children Of The Sea" and the last "Lonely Is The Word". 5 stars concededly!

Dear Ronnie! Rest in Heaven And Hell with the choir accompaniment of Children Of The Sea!

Gandalff | 5/5 |