Yes - Time and a Word CD (album) cover

3 stars I got this album because I wanted complete my collection of their music. I wanted everything I could get my hands on by them. I have to say that the cover they show now is not the original cover. That one had a picture of the band on it, with Steve Howe included, after Peter Banks left.

My favorite tune on the entire album was "Everydays." It is a killer song! The first song "No Opprotunity" is also well done, with the middle section that has a theme that comes straight out of a western movie I have seen before. Very cool! In fact the whole first side is good. The band has begun to arrive as a major force in the prog movement. I like a couple songs on the second side, "The Prophet" and "Clear Days," and "Astral Traveler."

Yes is coming together here and they do some nice work. It is essential to the band, but again not to the listener. I give it 3 stars.

Keetian | 3/5 |