Rush - Presto CD (album) cover

PRESTO

Rush

arcane-beautiful
4 stars Yay, Rabbits.

Yea, after the abysmal period (yes I will say that), Rush came back with an album that was, actually a great album.Yea, this is a great achievement for Rush, after that dark and dank period they went through.

With a wee bit of prog and an excellent blend with pop between the 2, this album was very enjoyable.

1. Show Don't Tell - Pretty cool intro/ Very funly. Geddy's vocals in this song are amazing. Quite a catchy chorus. Great opener. I love the bass solo.

2. Chain Lightening - Their is quite an eccentric 80's King Crimson vivbe to this song. Pretty interesting. The chorus is quite nice.

3. The Pass - Classic Rush song. Amazing song with one amazing chorus. They do this song amazing live (Rush In Rio).Great lyrics. Amazing guitar solo. Basicaly one amazing song. Their is also a video for this song, which is a bit werid but quite cool.

4. War Paint - Reminds me of a more upbeatversion of Supertramp. Pretty cool song. I like the vocal harmonies in the chorus.

5. Scars - Amazing bassline. The chorus is graet and quite catchy. I love the synth atmopshere in the song.

6. Presto - The harmonies in the chorus are very nice. A nice laid back moment in the album. The guitar solo is pretty cool.

7. Superconductor - Quite a groovy song. Very cheesy chorus, but very effective. And yes, I love the other guys deep voice. A very catchy song. I love all the different key changes at the end.

8. Anagram (For Mongo) - I don't get what the title means. The chorus is so 80's, but it's pretty cool. Great song, very cheesy.

9. Red Tide - The intro sounds like Duran Duran. Pretty cool chorus. Quite catchy. I love the piano riff in the song.

10. Hand Over Fist - Very cathcy chorus. A nice cathcy song. Pretty cool guitar solo.

11. Available Light - I think there is a bit too much echo on Geddy's vocals in the verse. Great chorus. Good way to end the album.

CONCLUSION: A breath of fresh air from Rush. Thank god. Ohh, a nice breeze.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |