Rush - Roll The Bones CD (album) cover

ROLL THE BONES

Rush

arcane-beautiful
4 stars Yes, Rush have put the synths behind them now, yay.

After Rush saw a success in the less use of synths, they decided to make a more guitar, bass and drum orientated album, which they easily should have seen to be successful, because they are a billion times better with that organic structure.

This album is alot better and more enjoyable than Presto, and the rest before that...

1. Dreamline - Wow, what a chorus. I love the synths in this song. Even the pre chorus is amazing. Great start to the album.

2. Bravado - Very U2. Great song with a great simple, but effective chorus. Great guitar solo.

3. Roll The Bones - The intro sounds very Michael Jackson. Amazing chorus. The rap is a bit cheesy, but it suprisingly works.

4. Face Up - The chorus is very cheesy, but it always works with Rush. Love the ambient keyboard section.

5. Where's My Thing? - Great funly instrumental with an amazng bass work from Geddy. Some very kick ass riffs in this song.

6. The Big Wheel -Love the keyboards in this song, especially in the chorus. The chorus is also great as well.

7. Heresy - Another song with great use of keyboards. Great chorus. I love how well this song flows.

8. Ghost Of A Chance - Quite an interesting song. I love the change in dynamics throughout. This song reminds me of Seal for some reason. The lyrics in this song are very esoteric (my new found faith, haha).

9. Neurotica - Love the riff in this song. Pretty cool chorus. I like the middle section. Very funky. Another great guitar solo.

10. You Bet Your Life - Cool chorus, with great ad libing bits.

CONCLUSION: The return of amazing rock based music. Things...will only get better.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |