David Bowie - Space Oddity CD (album) cover

David Bowie

3 stars This marks the start of my reviews of my David Bowie collection (although i dont have all his albums i have a fair few, well all the old ones anyway) There's quite a lot i can say about this album, there's quite a lot of genre's and styles from epic prog/folk rock (SPACE ODDITY, CYGNET COMMITEE) there's some arty type songs (UNWASHED AND SOMEWHAT SLIGHTLY DAZED) as well as some beautiful regular folk rock (MEMORY OF A FREE FESTIVAL, JANINE) overall a nice collection of songs that sees Mr.Bowie one step closer to that rock god status he raigns over. Standout songs are the epics in my opinion, the song that got him famous the title track SPACE ODDITY, CYGNET COMMITTEE, and MEMORY OF A FREE FESTIVAL) Production wise theres a nice mix (pretty decent when you think about when it was released and everything is nice and clear, only problem i have with the album is there are the odd filler tracks AN OCCASIONAL DREAM, WILD EYED BOY FROM FREECLOUD and GOD KNOWS IM GOOD i feel are just a little bit filler, but apart from that a god album overall;

Space Oddity - 10/10 Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed - 7/10 (Don't Sit Down) - 6/10 Letter to Hermione - 7/10 Cygnet Committee - 10/10 Janine - 9/10 An Occasional Dream - 6/10 Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud - 6/10 God Knows I'm Good - 6/10 Memory of a Free Festival - 10/10

My Conclusion? A good start to a somewhat fantastic career.

FarBeyondProg | 3/5 |