Samsara Blues Experiment - Long Distance Trip CD (album) cover

Samsara Blues Experiment

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars I've been getting myself into Heavy Psychedelia music lately, thanks to Norway's Motorpsycho. "Samsara Blues Experiment".

Singata Mystic Queen sets the mood that will be consistent through majority of this album. Heavy, Psychedelic journey through the motions of slow headbanging (full of air guitar practising by volunteers) I would say.

During For the Lost Souls, Christian Peters stars to sing. And this is quite disadvantage for me, his voice is far from being nice. Of course, high pitched vocals would be even worse, but I these songs are more fitted to be instrumental only. I also at first thought he is singing in German, but nah, it's English, only with extremely strong accent (one of the strongest I ever heard, but it can be caused by music too). Fortunately, he doesn't sing in all tracks. There is something in his vocal style that fits here well when you think about it a little bit, harsh vocals to harsh music. But instrumental songs / parts of songs are better. Actually, it's more about any vocal intrusion that about his vocals. Because I think it's valuable, I have to state that the more I listen to this music, the less I dislike these vocals.

Wheel of Life serves as some kind of "eye of the storm", calm before last (long distance) trip in form of Double Freedom that absolutely stuns with its guitar solos, atmosphere and overall composition (e.g. how it works so good and flows so easily).

4(+), one more thing I don't like much is instrument sitar. I never learned to appreciate this one, but that's me, not you.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |