Blotted Science - The Machinations of Dementia CD (album) cover

THE MACHINATIONS OF DEMENTIA

Blotted Science

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

MusicMan3172
5 stars I came across Blotted Science based on a recommendation by the iTunes store. I was the owner of the amazing album by Behold...The Arctopus, and the Genius app in iTunes suggested i Pick up Blotted Science. Man - thanks very much, Genius. This album is amazing. Being a huge fan of prog, metal and jazz, B.T.A. had become a highly regarded staple in my weekly listening list. This album tones down the complexity a little, but it matters little for two reasons: the songs are awesome, and the band plays the hell out of them.

Before buying this album, I was not very familiar with the work of guitarist Ron Jarzombek. All I will say is that he's just an incredible player. He can shred, but the melodies he crafts are breathtaking, and seems to never sacrifice substance for speed. As a fan of B.T.A., I was already in the know when it comes to drummer Charlie Zeleny. Extremely talented, and in my opinion, this album shows another side to his playing. I know have an even greater appreciation for his stellar drum work.

I think this album deserves 5 stars, easily. Amazing songs played with great technique and feel. The only thing left to say is....I really hope they come out with a new album soon!

MusicMan3172 | 5/5 |