Blue Öyster Cult - Club Ninja CD (album) cover

Blue Öyster Cult

2 stars Still working my way through BOC album reviews...this is #10 (I chose no particualr order of reviewing). And this is NOT good, as well. Along with Heaven Forbid, this is the bottom of the Oyster Bed for me. "Make Rock Not War", "Spy in the House of the Night", "Beat Em Up", and "When the War Comes" are some of the least inspired Cult tracks I have found. There are a few decent tracks- "White Flag" and "Perfect Water" are good, but not good enough to save this album from 1980's AOR and Hard Rock boredom. I have every BOC studio release, and this gets the least airtime by far, and when I do slip it on, I skip about half of it. And having Howard Stern contribute some spoken bits actually makes it worse IMHO. As a true fan of Blue Oyster Cult, I have never found any of their albums to be perfect, but this is the farthest away from that standard. 2 (barely) stars. Stick with their 2nd and 3rd albums, as well as Secret Treaties and Imaginos.
mohaveman | 2/5 |