Anathema - A Natural Disaster CD (album) cover

A NATURAL DISASTER

Anathema

Experimental/Post Metal

deathlifereborn
3 stars After randomly chosing this album while looking through the metal (yes you heard me) section in HMV, i was sceptical at whether or not it would be a good album but the reason i bought it was because of the cover (i like a good striking cover) the crimson drenched sunny sky, and the lone figure in the boat. I always wondered what the heck was going on, never did figure it out though.

The whole album is really melodic, apart from the heavy part on PULLED UNDER AT 2000 METRES A SECOND, its pretty strange the whole album to say the least especially the weird CHILDHOOD DREAM (the child on the song I mean its quite nice), the female vocals on A NATURAL DISASTER adds a slight change to the atmosphere thats incorporated on this album.

My favorites are HARMONIUM, CLOSER, A NATURAL DISASTER and ELECTRICITY

Its nice, it's not brilliant or anything just nice to listen to and relax while drifting off. Therefore I am going to give it 3 stars for being good, but not essential.

deathlifereborn | 3/5 |