Three - The End Is Begun CD (album) cover

4 stars 3 have really pulled out all the possible stops on this album. Flamenco style acoustics, mixed with heavy metal-esque riffs. That, my friends, is what we call progressive. Whilst this band have drawn many comparisons to bands such as Coheed and Cambria (who are my favourite band of all time, just to let you know.), they also make an unique style of hard rock while they are at it.

There are many highlights to pick from here. Inj particular, I would go for the half-intro "The Word is Born of Flame", the title track and the absolutely brilliant "These Iron Bones". That song in particulat, if it had an unusual name and Joey Eppard had a slightly higher voice, could have easily been a Coheed and Cambria song.

There are very few flaws, but sometimes all the flamenco riffing does grate a bit. In general though, a strong list of brilliant songs by a great band. Long live 3.

Laurelles | 4/5 |