Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars Simply stated - - I faded from the prog scene in the 80's while in my college years (Imagine that). However, several years ago, my nephew gave me a copy of this disc and it eventually blew me away (after several listens and that required a period of acclimation - - which is really a cellular evolution in the mind by the way). This is the album that pulled me into modern and, also, back into existing prog. I suppose you could say that, dynamically, this album excited the senses and reinvigorated my arid musical desires. I truly believe that this album should appeal to a vast spectrum of the prog persona....................recommended at a high level and appears to have a greater appeal as it is not boxed in by lyrical generational perspectives (FOABP)
Crawlution | 4/5 |