Karnataka - The Gathering Light CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

5 stars I have become the member of this website just because I wanted to let everybody know that the new album from KARNATAKA is an excellent prog album. For 32 years I have been a prog rock fan and their The Gathering Light is surely one of my 20 best favorite prog albums. When I was at a prog rock CD store a few months ago, I was struck by the CAMEL-type beautiful guitar tune (that was "Forsaken") and I found myself having the CD in my hand in 10 seconds or so. Since then I have been amazed until now with the graceful guitar tunes of this Gathering Light. It is so perfect that there is no "B-side" song. "State Of Grace" sounds like Andy Latimer playing with Rick Wakeman, and the other songs are also much melodic. If you are fan of CAMEL, PINK FLOYD, SEBASTIAN HARDIE, AMAROK (from Porland), I recommend that you should get the CD.
Katsuhisa | 5/5 |