IQ - Frequency CD (album) cover

5 stars At first I downloaded the album knowing that the famous keyboard player had left the band, and it turned out to be my fault as I re-bought special edition CD (with live DVD) later. If possible, I would give 6 points to these outstandinging nice songs. This IQ album can easily compete with some of the legendary prog classics such as "Zarathustra".

For me what make this album so special are: 1) Incredibly beautiful guitar melodies by Mike Holmes (definitely the best in these years) 2) Excellent drum works by Andy Edwards (eg exciting plays in "Life Support") 3) Expectation-exceeded keyboards plays by Mark Westworth (why have we not known about him before ?) Life is interesting because these things can happen.

Vocal and Bass guitar are expectedly wonderful as they have been in these years. I would say that Frequency is their best among all good albums of the late era, even better than Ever, Subtarranea, and The Seventh House. If you like melodic guitar, technical drums, piano and mellotron sounds, this CD will be one of the best ones for you to own.

5 points with my respect and hope for their continued activities.

Katsuhisa | 5/5 |