Horizont - Summer In Town CD (album) cover

3 stars Subtitled as chamber instrumental ensemble, "Summer In Town" blend all the right aspects for me here... Without a question the first 18 mins of this album is perhaps the best I have heard in some time... Absolutely breath taking symphonic prog which reminds me very much of Steve HACKETT and early GENESIS (minus the voices). The fine folks at Music Boheme have released some great little lost prog gems from Russia and plan to release more (thank you). Vocals are very much in the back and do come across very much as church angelic voices which enrich the overall album for me. Instruments include keyboards, guitar, flute, bass and drums which play fluidly in a very tight manner. Third track took a bit longer to grow on me and is certainly more of a chamber-like song than the first but now it is just as addictive as the first 2 numbers for me.
loserboy | 3/5 |