The Syn - Big Sky CD (album) cover

The Syn

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Beautiful artwork, optimistic music, but unfortunately not Prog (well, there's another possibility, my ears are bad). I also would see this record more fitting in Crossover genre, it sounds like that. Nevermind, bands transcends genres very often (for a good of the thing).

One particular thing bugs my mind. Steve Nardelli, lead vocalist, sings in the same tone all the time. It's like he lacks more bass and high pitched directions, but actually, this is advantage here and this record gets nice, raspy feeling.

This album is very acoustic, humble and almost pastoral. However, this all changes when we're closing towards the end of album, where we get some keyboards soundscapes, more prominent bass work and even though that acoustic guitar is still prominent instrument (through all the album). Truly grower in literal meaning of this word.

4(-), what can I say.