Omega - Gammapolisz (Ω IX) CD (album) cover

GAMMAPOLISZ (Ω IX)

Omega

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Katsuhisa
4 stars Well, this album must be mentioned and remembered by future generation of prog listeners. OMEGA's "Gammapolis" is actually one of the masterpieces from central European Progressive rock.

OMEGA in Hungary is stadium-rock band over there. When I heard their live album first, I was surprised at huge singings of whole audience. They are not technical band, but their song writing talent is unbeatable for B-level british rock bands. Especially keyboards phrase is always impressive with a bit baroque taste which makes their music very "European".

If you like this album, I recommend that you check also their 5th through 7th album. Then, you should sail out to the other central European prog such as East, After Crying, Solaris, or SBB, Quidam, and many more. I am sure you will find treasures there, but the entrance is this OMEGA.

Katsuhisa | 4/5 |