Panic Room - Visionary Position CD (album) cover

Panic Room

3 stars Like the previous reviewer I'm keen on Magenta and was looking for something wth female vocals. What I really like about this album is the melodious approach and quality of lead vocal. This also has the most immaculate production. However on the writing side it all seems a bit aimless and none of the tracks really develop into anything interesting. My overall feeling is of 'easy listening' prog that would be okay in the background. Bit of a disappointment really despite the fact that on a technical level this is as good as anything around. This band for me does not have a strong enough identity at the moment and perhaps they are trying to hedge their bets a bit too much between a clean commercial sound and the obvious intention to create something more 'progressive'.
richardh | 3/5 |