Edera - And Mouth Disappears CD (album) cover

AND MOUTH DISAPPEARS

Edera

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Mellotron Storm
3 stars Italian band EDERA pick up where they left off on "Settings For The Drama" with some emotional and dark Neo / Symphonic. This is prpbably their strongest release as we get 51 plus minutes of music that feels like one long suite. It is divided into 19 tracks but many blend into one another.

There is a Gothic flavour at times and the vocals sometimes bring that out like on "At The Margins Of You" but usually the vocals sort of quiver and warble and are emotional. Lots of piano on this album and quite a bit of atmosphere too although there are some fairly heavy sections. I do think the vocals are the "make it or break it" issue for most people with EDERA's music. I don't mind them but if it was a vocalist I really liked i'm sure i'd be giving this 4 stars.

This is a good album regardless. 3.5 stars.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |