Phideaux - The Great Leap  CD (album) cover

THE GREAT LEAP

Phideaux

The Truth
3 stars Don't get me wrong, it's a good rock album. It just is not particularly progressive.

However this album relates to Doomsday Afternoon, it is not easy to see. It rarely points to its successor musically or lyrically and sounds like Phideaux's older albums with much better production. (Which is one of the main things which makes the sound so good)

Pretty much every song is at least decent and I don't have to make myself skip any. There are even some truly great pieces on this, Rainboy noticeably, which somewhat starts to suggest Doomsday Afternoon. I Was Thinking is one of the more prog efforts and is another great track as well.

Look, I love this album (I'm an enthusiast about pretty much any piece of music I'm given) but it's not his best work and is not his most progressive work.

The Truth | 3/5 |