Barrock - La Strega CD (album) cover

Barrock

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars ...and I like Baroque music quite a lot, ever since I've heard soundtrack (or music in) game Heroes of Might & Magic II. which really give me an impression that this is something I like.

In case of "La Strega" it means that we will get quite heavy sounding opera-like music with a lot of electronic synths (reminding Neo-Prog in this sound). It's quite enjoyable album, not hardcore Prog, but good anyway. But even though I have quite soft spot for such combination (of medieval and Prog sounds), I still have to differ better and worse albums.

4(-), but don't get fooled, this album has a lot to offer, if you're the right person. And maybe it's good thing that it's short. If you won't like it, consider it as that you wasted "just" 37 minutes. Anyway, I don't think that will be the case, at least I hope.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |