Vangough - Manikin Parade CD (album) cover

MANIKIN PARADE

Vangough

Sophocles
5 stars At the begining I was a bit confused. OK, this is too PoS, but they have their hooks. Forget about any resemblances, there are so many emotions here, this album can kill you.

Now how can you rate this? From the prog side, ok the music is complete with complexity in every sense, more crossover than metal. As for genuinity, you must be openminded, after all where is the parthenogenesis in our days? It clearly has its influences, but it goes beyond and that's ok by me.

In any other sense, all the instruments contribute in the emotional result. It is so beautiful cause you trully understand the musician's feelings in this, it is so complete. Catchy refrains and heavy riffs in contrast with the melodies. Nice, very nice.

I am not sure about the concept it needs a couple of spins for this but there are interesting lyrics.

4.5 stars and one of the best of 2009