Dün - Eros CD (album) cover

EROS

Dün

Zeuhl

Dobermensch
5 stars Yeah baby! This one's a real eye opener and was a big surprise to me. I hadn't heard much Zeuhl other than Magma before this in 2006, and to say I was surprised would be an understatement.

The fact that there's demo versions of the final tracks from 1978 on this album which was in itself released in 1981 with no other projects in between tells me that a hell of a lot of work, training and toil went in to producing this.

Magma must have been kicking themselves, having called it a day 3 years earlier for a 6 year holiday before making the dodgy 'Merci'.

This is right up there with in best Zeuhl album of all time bracket with good reason. It's genuinely exciting listening to this, as you haven't a clue from one moment to the next what's going to happen next and what tempo things are going to kick off at. It's really vibrant and lively with fantastic percussion who's momentum continually changes dramatically. The front cover doesn't give much away - but then - when did it ever with Zeuhl bands?

Track 2- 'Arrakis' is the fictional desert planet from the book Dune by Frank Herbert.

This is a very distinctive and unusual album. The likes of which you've probably never heard. I was going to give this four stars, but on playing it right now while typing, I've decided it fully deserves the maximum five.My feet are tapping away like some crazy Troglodyte. Brilliant!

Dobermensch | 5/5 |