Dialeto - Will Exist Forever CD (album) cover

3 stars I received this release as a winner on the Prog Archive Reviewer GIveaway. Thanks, Prog Archives! At first listen, this sounded like a mixture of 80's King Crimson/Punk Rock with some MIddle Eastern Bar Band thrown in for good measure. This IS NOT a "pretty" album. There are lots of jagged playing, heavy bass and guitar, and less-than melodic singing. This is not to say that there is a lack of talent here! These 3 guys can wail and jam with out a doubt. I think the best tracks are the instrumentals such as Vermelha and Gunga Din. I can't really acquire a taste for the singing or the lyrics (which seem to be just randomly thrown in to fit the song patterns). The package liner notes say that the tracks were laid down in 1990 with the lyrics and vocals recorded in 2008. This may explain their weakness. In any case, this is a good album if you like 80's King Crimson and maybe The Clash. I would give it 3 stars. Okay, but nothing great.
mohaveman | 3/5 |