Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third CD (album) cover

THE DARK THIRD

Pure Reason Revolution

ProgShine
5 stars Listening this album again reminded me why I was so disappointed with PURE REASON REVOLUTION a couple of years later with their next albums.

The Dark Third shows a band that can build gorgeous vocal harmonies with hypnotic music in a Space Rock enviroment and that they could blend Alternative Rock and Progressive Rock with no difficult at all. This album is just fantastic, beginning to end, and makes me feel ecstasy and joy.

It was so frustrating to listen to their later albums Amor Vincit Omnia and Hammer and Anvil and their Pop/Electronic/Electro Rock approach. I guess they knew that as well and ended the band right after the last mentioned album.

ProgShine | 5/5 |