The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (US Version) CD (album) cover

MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR (US VERSION)

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

arcane-beautiful
4 stars Now I have not seen the movie, and I have heard bad things about it, but it doesn't look all that bad, especially with a soundtrack like this.

Having bought the new remastered version of this album, I did see a big change from the original, with way better and clearer production.

This album, being their psychadelic period was quite psychy, but also very proggy.

With longer compositions, more tracking than a herd of elephants and better songs altogether, this album was alot more enjoyable and digestable than Sgt. Peppers.

1. Magical Mystery Tour - I don't really like this song. It's way too cheesy and smily and nonsensical. 6/10

2. The Fool On The Hill - Very folky and some great instrumentation. Great vocals from Paul. Quite beautifull. 10/10

3. Flying - Wow, The Beatles first and last instrumental. Pretty psychy. 9/10

4. Blue Jay Way - The most proggiest song on the album. It does drag on a wee bit, but it is pretty cool. 8/10

5. Your Mother Should Know - Such a happy and cathcy song. Paul when he can make a good song. 10/10

6. I Am The Walrus - Well, whats not to say about this song. Non sensical lyrics, amazing orchestration and some weird stuff happening all the time. Classic song. 10/10

7. Hello, Goodbye - Quite annoying, but very cathcy. 8/10

8. Strawberry Fields Forever - Again, another very underlooked amazing Beatles song. So laidback and the effects used to lower the tones sound so cool. 10/10

9. Penny Lane - Again, this song does annoy me, but it is very catchy. 7/10

10. Baby, You're A Rich Man - Love the melodies and harmonies in this song. Very catchy and very cool. 9/10

11. All You Need Is Love - Very catchy, but very cheesy and quite annoying. 7/10

CONCLUSION: Some songs annoy me, as always, but it's The Beatles, you gotta love em.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |