King Crimson - Live at Cap D'Agde 1982  CD (album) cover

LIVE AT CAP D'AGDE 1982

King Crimson

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars Despite my feelings about this King Crimson lineup, this is a good recording. The show, unless it was edited down, was quite short, but the band played as well as I've ever heard them. For a King Crimson group that usually played everything in precision, this concert actually shows a lot of spontaneity. There are variations and flourishes in many of the songs, but mostly The Sheltering Sky and Elephant Talk, that I don't recall hearing in any of the other live performances from that time.

One question, though. I do recall seeing Adrian Belew playing a drum kit along with Bill Bruford in some of these concerts. Yet I never see him credited for that on any of the albums. Curious.

Evolver | 4/5 |