Pholas Dactylus - Concerto Delle Menti CD (album) cover

Pholas Dactylus

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars This Italian prog release will most likely only appeal to the strong at heart?? "Concerto" is as much of a journey as it is a prog album. The entire album is narrated along with some absolute incredible 70?s sounding prog. When PHOLAS DACTYLUS do finally get into the music side of the album, we are treated to some of the sweetest prog sounds ever recorded! Many prog heads have stated that if the narrator would have spoken at lot less this would have been the monster of all prog releases! In many ways this is a fair statement, but for some reason this album works very well for me and I find the narration almost hypnotic at times and seems to fit the concept and mood very well. This album works on many different levels and I love the prog sound they create.
loserboy | 3/5 |