King Crimson - Red CD (album) cover

RED

King Crimson

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars If there is killer, melodic, dark and raw track out there in the world of Prog, it's Red, piece of eponymous album. Fallen Angel is different, pleasant track which has all best Pop elements balanced the finest attributes that forms mild/calm Prog songs. So much that only Pop feeling you'll get will be in the first part (little tingling of Caravan). I don't have to say that this tracks comes as complete surprise after darkness of of first track. It's dark anyway, but not from beginning, as Red shoved. Actually, forget about Pop element completely (I'm not sure why I get this feeling every time I listen first minute of the song. Probably because of unequally set paces of songs confuses me). Fallen Angels ends in beautiful saxophone/guitar moments.

One More Red Nightmare continues what previous song's second part set. Cleverly. Providence is atmospheric track, reminding me twisted version of Moonchild a bit. Not exactly my cup of tea, but it works anyway (a little bit). Starless with its mellotron and equally mellow saxophone and all these other elements that makes King Crimsons KC.

5(-), high standard.