After The Fall - The Living Drum CD (album) cover

After The Fall

4 stars When hearing AFTER THE FALL - "The Living Drum" I could recognize immediately some influences plenty forts of bands as RAINBOW, PALLAS, YES, E L & PALMER, SAGA and still other, but, in spite of that and of some moments that nothing has there to be with the style of the mentioned bands (as in the track 5 "Hopeless" in that the keyboardsolo and acoustic guitarsolo, reminds me more the style of Spanish progressive bands)., they get to mix all these influences with a lot of easiness and good musical taste what turns his work quite interesting and easy of absorbing. Besides the quality of all musicians is unquestionable. I detach the tracks 1 "The Year of the Dragon", track 4 "Dancing With Daggers", track 8 " Whitehead Street" and track 10 " Reprise." Finally an excellent hard-prog mixture with symphonic- prog. My rate is 4 stars!!!
maryes | 4/5 |