Porcupine Tree - Piano Lessons CD (album) cover

PIANO LESSONS

Porcupine Tree

EatThatPhonebook
3 stars Porcupine Tree releases another interesting single of a great great song, "Piano Lessons" one of my personal favorites of the band. I was happy to see that this song was released as a single, not very happy when I saw that nobody really likes it, because of it's poppy melody. The two B sides are the weird "Ambulance Chasing", which is basically a song driven by the sound of an ambulance, and "Wake As A Gun", a pretty forgettable song, not so good. It's very Pink Floydish, a psych related ballad, with a melody that never appealed to me.

If you are a fan of PT or of the album "Stupid Dream", which contains "Piano Lessons", you should give this a try. I don't recommend it to anyone else, having some poor moments many times.

EatThatPhonebook | 3/5 |