King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars Definitely an essential album for any lover of music! This album defined progressive music and was the first of its kind! There were some forerunners, but I believe this album was the first to truly characterize progressive music. The best songs on the album are Epitaph and the title track. Greg Lake's vocals are flawless as is the musicianship. The only weak point is possibly Moonchild, but without experimentation you don't have prog, so I can appreciate the song for what it is. Certainly 5 stars! I'm suprised that its only the #6 top album! I would have thought this album to be considered much more essential!
garla1lh | 5/5 |